- Download installation image file from the links at downloads section
- Unzip the file and extract raw file
- Write raw file to a USB disk or memory (at least 16 GB of capacity) with dd command on Linux or any other similar method on Windows or macOS.
- This process will delete all data on USB disk. So backup data on USB disk.
- This will create 2 partitions on USB disk:
- EFI System Partition (ESP)
- macOS install image partition
- Mount EFI partition
- Copy /EFI/CLOVER/config2.plist file to config.plist. Original config.plist file is for desktops, config2.plist file is for laptops.
- Replace pre-installed Intel wifi card with DW1560 wifi card as explained this youtube video.
- If you don’t change wifi card, you can’t use internal wifi card because Intel wifi cards are not supported by macOS. Alternatively, you can use USB wifi cards but I recommend that you replace wifi card with DW1560.
- Plug a USB mouse or touchpad to your laptop. Because internal touchpad will not work with this installation image.
- Boot your laptop with USB disk that you’ve just prepared.
- Install macOS as explained in this youtube video
- You’ll notice macOS will not boot without using installation USB disk.
- To fix this, copy contents of EFI partition of USB installation disk to laptop’s EFI partition
- Now, macOS will boot normally. Some features are working such as sound card, (if you replaced wifi card) wifi and bluetooth. But some features are not working such as internal touchpad, display brightness and scaling.
- Now, download this github repository.
- Copy config.plist file to EFI/CLOVER
- Copy files under kext/Other to EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other
- And reboot.
- Touchpad and display brightness and scaling should work too.
- But battery percentage and power management still don’t work.
- If you find other features that don’t work, or if you managed to find a solution for these problems please let me know, so I can update github repository.
- You can write comment to this page or youtube video’s comment section.